Thursday, February 17, 2011

Is God Sending Me Messages via Jon Acuff

I'm human so I think the world revolves around me. It doesn't but I think it does so when I read a blog post or listen to a sermon by anyone that completely reflects my head space I automatically think the author of what I just heard or read is stalking me.

My favorite blogger, Jon Acuff, is stalking me.

You can read his post here also feel free to read his blog regularly. Excuse me while I go get on his promotions team because I'm always telling someone to read his blog or books.

In the event that you didn't follow the link allow me to display the part of his post that I want to talk about.

Exodus 6:6-8

"I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. And I will bring you to the land I swore with uplifted hand to give to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob. I will give it to you as a possession. I am the Lord.”

Look at what he says:

I will bring you out, I will free you, I will redeem you, I will take you as my own people, I will be your God, I will bring you to the land I swore, I will give it to you.

Seven times, in three verses, God reminds the Israelites and us that he never calls us on adventures alone.


The above excerpt from the bible and Jon Acuff commentary shall serve as proof that I no longer have to drag my feet.

God will decide what I'm going to do for the rest of forever. I don't have to he's already done it. There will not be fireworks and Vegas lights around my path, but I'll find it. I just have be obedient to God's unfolding will for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment