Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Are You "Foolish" Enough to Follow God?

So I've been thinking for the whole month about missionaries 1. because I was assigned a mini paper deal on a missionary and I can't decide who to do it on. Technically Kathy used the words "heroes of the faith" but any way. 2. because I technically have answered the call to be a missionary as YL leader. 3. I've been thinking more and more about my place in ministry... working in the real world will do that to you. I've been thinking about it a lot and then while reading my daily devotional from "My Utmost for His Highest" which was about being sent by Christ to carry out God's will. This one part really caught my attention:
We give credit to human wisdom when we should give credit to the divine guidance of God being exhibited through childlike people who were “foolish” enough to trust God’s wisdom and His supernatural equipment.
I like to lie to myself and say that I'm wise but I'm really not all that wise. The best decisions I make sometimes are the ones that made the least sense. Sometimes I feel silly for being compelled to do certain things and sometimes I don't do them because I feel silly but lately I'm learning to be more obedient to the things that make me feel foolish. To just go with it even though I'm not the best at it, or let go of something even though I want it, or to hold on even though I wanna let go. I'm compelled by the thought that God's hands are holding me and that He is a zillion times more wise than I am so I trust and follow. I believe in the hands of God that are creating a good work in my life. That's not the person I was in the past but that's who I've become for today and tomorrow and forever. I'm foolish enough to follow Jesus and I feel great that Chambers is down with being foolish for Jesus too.


Are you "foolish enough to follow Jesus my friend?

1 comment:

  1. Today's utmost was pretty darn good... Made me feel like I'm in the right place when everything about being here felt... foolish.

    You're a very smart woman... glad we're friends. Good post.

    ReplyDelete