Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sometimes I wear my rain jacket when its not raining.

Today I'm wearing my rain jacket. It's not raining and I know that it isn't going to rain. But when I opened my closet this morning I saw the sweet green sleeves peeking out from that back of the closet so I had to put it on. This sweet purchase was made on a lucky day. It's my lucky rain jacket... even though I only have one. Let me tell you how I got it. I was wandering stores in Flagstaff this summer on one of my days off. There's no where to shop in Flag... everyone knows that... but all I wanted was a rain jacket so I could survive monsoon season at Lost Canyon but every store I went in all day I had absolutely no luck. Then I went to the Flagstaff mall... world's worst mall. I walked into this department store to give it one last shot at the door I told myself "this is the last store, if I don't find something I like that is less than $50 I going home without a rain jacket." I walked straight to the woman's outdoors section and there it was, in all of it's lime green glory there it was. I needed it immediately based on the cute shade of lime green that it was but I wasn't going to spend a million bucks to have it. "It never rains in Phoenix, its the desert. I live in Phoenix, I can't justify buying it if its super expensive," I told myself. So I turned the tag.... $29.99 said the tag in red. What??? A fancy smancy Columbia Omni-Sheild rain jacket that retails at $80 was on sale for $30, that's the shopping equivalent of striking oil. So of course I bought it. I'm sure it was on sale because no one wants a lime green rain jacket, but sometimes I like things that other people don't and sometimes I like things that everyone likes. I'm the girl who wears her rain jacket when its not raining and she knows it isn't going to rain. That's just who I am. I just wanted wear it, I mean it doubles as a great wind breaker but it's for sure a rain jacket, and I want it to be a rain jacket.

Sometimes in life we have to walk into a department store and give it one last shot. (come on if you read anything I've ever written you know I like metaphors) Seriously think about it, how many times have you wanted something in life and spent a considerable amount of time pursuing it and then you gave up on it only to realize that you really want it? I bet you can think of at least one time. Maybe you wanted a certain job or a certain degree. Maybe you wanted to go some place or do something. Maybe there's someone you gave up on. No one knows except you and Jesus.

There's this random department store in my life that I'm going to walk into and give it one last shot. I stood at the door but then I got scared and I walked away and I got back in my car. Then I got really scared and I turned on the car to drive away but before I did I tried to get God to tell me my rain jacket wasn't in the store so I could drive away in peace and feel good about it, but I can't get my no. I'm so weird I wanted God to tell me no and he won't, the one time I want a no I can't have it the million times I didn't want a no I got them. That's my God always mixing it up.

I'm not sure how get back to the door or how it's going to go but I'm going to approach the door to the department store in prayer then I'm going to walk in and see what happens. If my rain jacket isn't in there then it's not in there but I'm not going to not walk into the store. I don't know why God won't tell me no, but I'm not interpreting it as yes because I don't hear that either. I just feel like I have to go into the store. I'll never know if it's in there if I get in the car and drive away.


I'm random... welcome to my wild mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment