Monday, January 24, 2011

Love me!

Before I go any farther know that I stole this idea from Jon Acuff. I thought his post was funny on Stuff Christians Like, one of my favorite blogs. So because I thought it was so funny that he added his own love languages to "The 5 Love Languages" I think I'll make my own post and do the same.

First you should know that my love language is physical touch, I like to be touched, I feel like people don't like me if the won't let me touch them and/or they won't touch me. I get sad when people don't want to hug me or won't let me stand or sit close to them sometimes. I respect that some people don't like hugs or sharing their space but it still makes me sad. So if you're wondering what to do to show me that you love me then hug me good, like there's no tomorrow.


Five other things that really make me feel loved:

1. Make me laugh. I seriously admire funny people probably because I'm only mildly funny on occasion. Some of my favorite people are the ones that make me laugh until I can't breathe and my face hurts and I make that awful gasping noise that I make when I'm trying to get out of a laughing fit. I love joking around and having fun with people. I love inside jokes that only we get, that's it love me by having inside jokes with me.


2. Tell me something real. I like fun as much as the next girl but sometimes I just like to be real. Occasionally, I just want to talk about honest things. Life isn't all fun and games and well I wanna talk about the real stuff too. So talk to me and let me talk to you too.


3. Stalk me, self explanatory.


3. (the real one) I was kidding about the last one, I was trying to be funny. A serious number 3 is hang out with me. I don't care what we do. I just don't want to be alone all the time. I want to hang out with people it's fun. Call me and say hey what are you doing? Even if we do nothing together, doing nothing with someone is better that doing nothing by myself all the time. Which is what I do most days.


4. Coloring. I color by myself sometimes but I like to color with people and if someone where to indulge that little bit of enjoyment in life I would really like it.


5. Lastly adventure with me. You know how sometimes you want to go do or see something that you haven't done or seen before but you don't want to go alone you want to share it with someone? Yes, that is what I'm talking about, I want to adventure with someone. I like to make memories that I can have forever and when I share experiences with people I never forget it. Like when I found out the old town Glendale existed, I desperately wanted to go look in all of the little antique shops. It took some convincing but I finally got someone to go with me and now every time I drive down there I remember that day. I love moments that become memories.


So friends if you want to love on me you can: hug me, talk to me, hang out with me, color with me or go on an adventure with me, those are my additions to the 5 love languages.


Feel free to copy Jon Acuff and make your own list.

1 comment: