Sunday, January 16, 2011

Metaphorical Umbrellas

Everyone knows that I love a good metaphor. Just in case you hadn't noticed I'd like to point out that I'm the girl that disguises talk major life opportunities as rain jackets in department stores when I write.

So this morning at Church the sermon was about being Empowered for Ministry.

**side note** I have this one theory that the pastor has been following me around and basing his sermons off of the things that are going on in my life. I've spent a considerable amount of time developing this theory... my second theory is that I'm just hearing God calling to me more lately because I'm not a stubborn child with her hand over her ears anymore(embracing my age)... probably the first though.**end side note**

There was a metaphor in the sermon and of course my ears perked up. The Holy Spirit is like water raining down on the people, but some people never feel the presence of the Spirit because they're standing under an umbrella.

HELLO!

Come out from under the umbrella and feel the Holy Spirit rain down. Be empowered by the Holy Spirit, love like Jesus because the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on you.


Isaiah 61:1-2

1 comment: