Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I kinda feel like I'm dating.

I said that to a friend the other day via facebook.

Dear Aubrey(because I know at some point you'll read this :-D), I told you I was going to write a blog with this title. I finally figured out what to write about. I said to myself "Duh I'll just tell the story of how I found myself dating in the first place" LoL so I suppose this one is sorta for you :)

So if you aren't Aubrey and aren't really sure what I'm talking about. I'm not dating a person... I wish I was but alas I am not... I'm exploring my options with other young life clubs. And I feel like I'm dating. Let's rewind a little bit. In January I decided to go off staff and that after May I would not be returning to lead in the area. After a lot of prayer and tons of contemplation. I decided it was the right thing to do. It wasn't easy to reach that decision but the longer I thought about it the more right it seemed. So as I let go of the idea of being a part of the area and began to tell people, slowly but surely I let go. When I decided to no longer be a part of the area in January I thought that meant not doing YL at all. I didn't have a real plan, I just knew I needed to make a move I needed to do something. I still don't have a plan but at least I'm happy. So imagine my surprise at the current situation. I didn't think I would be checking out YL clubs in other areas. Just goes to show I'm not really in charge of my life, I'm just following the Good Shepherd and this is what happens when you walk.

The first person who asked me to lead with them... I laughed at them. It was less of a request and more of a sly suggestion like so "oh you don't know what you're doing? You should come lead with us." so I laughed. I thought he was kidding. Then someone else asked and again I laughed but by the 3rd person I decided that perhaps this is not a joke. I mean I do love leading and I've always felt like I could lead anywhere because the call in my heart has always been to "LOVE" nothing more and nothing less. The Lord has called me to love with everything I am and in all that I do I've known that since I was 16. He actually calls all of us to be a part of the Legacy of Love but it looks different for all of us for me it has a twist. It's funny how He calls the girl who has trouble feeling loved to love others but He's God and can do that. I really can love kids anywhere, so I put some thought into it but then I pushed it to the back of my mind (we all know I'm indecisive... I can't even decide to think).

So here's how I got to here. I made a phone call and the voice on the other end said to me, "Christina! How are you?!.... You know I heard some rumors."
So I thought rumors about me??? and said, "What did you hear?" While still racking my brain about what the voice could have heard.
"I heard you're going to lead in (the area that spreads rumors to voices shall remain nameless here as they meant no harm)"
"Oh that's just a rumor, I didn't say yes, I said I'd think about it and I've been asked to check some other clubs out too so I don't know I'm just not sure."
"Ok, ok but you'd be great anywhere, especially in (the area that spreads rumors to voices shall still remain nameless). But we'll see" and we moved on.

Please note I called the voice about something that had nothing to do with this conversation this is just the first thing that the voice said to me in our convo. So after talking to the voice(I sound like I think I'm one of Charlie's Angels) I texted one of my rumor spreading friends. Who only proceeded to insist we make the rumor a fact. So I decided it couldn't hurt to go see a club. Thus the dating began. I really enjoyed their club. I was planning to be a silent bystander... but I couldn't resist jumping in there and playing games with the kids and talking to them. It's way less creepy then being the 21 year old in the back of the room an 75 times more fun. It was totally different from the things I've done before but I enjoyed the laid back feel. I was then persuaded to attend a team meeting and I really liked that too. Again it was just different, but a really good different. So then I started thinking wait I can't commit yet I don't even know if I'll have time and there's still those other options out there. You know the other fish in the sea. So I've made a couple more "dates" number 3 with my rumor spreading friends (who I suppose in this dating analogy might be courting me by now) and date 1 with another club I heard is doing big things and needs a lady leader (say what??? a need for my femaleness<---which will never be a word no matter how many times I say it, rewind a few blog posts to Being a lady and you'll see why that's funny to me).


So I don't know what I'm doing but I feel like I'm dating Young Life areas. It's allowed and if it isn't who said I had to follow the rules?

No comments:

Post a Comment