Sunday, April 25, 2010

I love here.

I've lived in Arizona for 8 years as of this month and May is typically the time of year when I start to think to myself. "I really want to go home" it about to get hot in this valley place and I want out. I always miss spring which in turn makes me long for the way the air smells on a warm summer night. I can't describe it but I love it.

I'm from here.



It's nice. Hay fields and all. LoL

However this year for the very first time I don't want to go home. I'm not compelled to whine about how much I want to go home. How much I miss the grass and water and trees. I suppose maybe I am home. Maybe home is now the brown, dry place with the cacti and dry river beds and amazing sunsets that make my heart melt.



I'm still not from here but I love here. I love this valley place and the heat. I love the cacti and the lack of water. I love the sunsets the most. Its not such a bad place and it only took me 8 years to acknowledge it. Plus there is a zoo here. I love the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment